1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living with depression

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dyno, Feb 29, 2012.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

As Chappelle might say, depression is a helluva drug.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Rick, couple things. First, hope you're well. Also curious about how your wife's long-term depression was finally diagnosed; and how it's being managed. Rx? Therapy?

And how's your new stress load?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

how about if somebody just stabs you in the thigh and tells you to walk it off, jackass?

jesus, what a toolbag.

4. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

I believe I'm deserving of a better bitch to hump my leg than the likes of you.
    Take a hike please, you bore me.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm doing great.

Mrs. Stain's depression was finally diagnosed when I read an article about depression and suddenly it was just completely obvious. She'd had it for a few years at that point, but we always just thought she was an emotional person with some negative tendencies. She went to a doctor, who immediately said she clearly had major depressive disorder, and sent her to a psychiatrist, who put her on anti-depressants. It took a couple of tries to find the right drug and dosage, but once we did, the difference was unreal.

I'm handling it as best I can. It's not exactly going to go away, ever, but I think I've got a grip on it.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Very glad to hear it.

Did you give any consideration these last few weeks to talking to your wife's psychiatrist?

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If it had gone on a little longer, I would have gone to see a doctor. If it ever looks like it's coming back, I will. That shit sucks and I am not messing around with it. But for now, it seems like things are all quiet on that front.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Good. I enclose warm regards.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

not every thread has to be about you, jackass. you have nothing to add to this thread. so why don't you channel your inner 12-year-old, jump on your bike and ride your local freeway system?

you obviously don't have the first clue of what you're talking about concerning this topic, so stop embarrassing yourself.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

serious question, BG: every antidep, or just the type you were taking ... or did they just not want to try a different round with a different brand after your low point?

also, another serious question: what does pot do for your depression? does it help or hinder?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The black dog. Yes.

I glimpse her in the rear view mirror or just trotting around the corner away from me from time to time.

It has never, ever gotten to the place where I would consider doing harm to myself. But to feel like you're living on a planet with 10x normal gravity? Yeah, I get that.

12. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

You hit the nail on the head with that last statement. I feel that way a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted