1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

living in Toledo?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rufino, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I thought Siberia with 7-Elevens was a Pete Gillen line about Lincoln, Neb. Did he steal it?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Used to string for The Blade when the Mud Hens came to town. Bob Kinney, who's no longer there, seemed like a great guy.

Not sure about the current administration, though.

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

My girlfriend through college lived in Perrysburg, and I spent a summer there. Perrysburg, Maumee and Sylvania were good places to settle down. Whoever mentioned Frickers ain't kidding. Best damn wings I've ever had.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Really good sports betting scene.

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Yup, all three areas are great. In fact, Perrysburg is blowing up. Plenty of shopping and stuff to do.

Toledo isn't bad. The area around Fifth Third Field has good bars and the stadium itself is a good time. Maumee Bay is a good time and, hey, you're right on the lake. Summer is a good time.

As far as food, yup, Tony Packos is excellent as well as Mancy's Italian (by the mall, which has also grown). Oh and the Fricker's in Sylvania is a good time. Good crowd.

Toledo is an hour from Detroit/Windsor, 90 minutes from Cleveland and TWO hours from Columbus... not to mention, if you want to go out for a night of drinking, BGSU is 20 minutes south. Ay Ziggy Zoomba!

Sure, there are some bad areas, but the downtown is really improving (see: the Docks/near the Stadium) and it's actually not a bad little city. It's not all doom and gloom! :)

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Wow, that's now saying much.

Used to live about an hour from there, avoided it like the plague. The only reason to go there was it was on the way to somewhere else. Bleak, nasty rust belt city whose time had passes. But it is an hour from Detroit and Ann Arbor, if that really does anythng for you.

Cleveland is about 125 mile way straight down the turnpike, Cedar Point about 55. And Lake Erie is great during the summer.

But, Packos is awesome. Get the hot dog and paprikash!

Draft saved Draft deleted