1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living in this sort of state??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Nov 8, 2006.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The better half and I have recently found out we simply can't live where we do now.
    Add in some of the non-mainstream election results from Tuesday (as well as most of the mainstream) and we clearly can't live in this environment. Our politics don't match this state.
    How many of you have made lifelong decisions based on this?

2. Let me guess ... you're a Dem living in a GOP state, right?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

I guess I'll thank the Jon Stewart ad for that Lyman?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've lived in red states most of my life, MU (Indiana, Montana, Idaho). I've always managed to live in the bluer parts of those states, but they're GOP nonetheless.

I find the liberal areas to hang out in with my fellow left-wingers, don't talk politics often and I've loved every place I've lived in.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

You're seriously contemplating picking up and leaving because you don't like the state's poltics? I hope there's more to it than that.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

It's not about picking up and leaving on a whim -- its about not feeling comfortable because of the things we believe. Quite a bit different.

8. More evidence of the "tolerance" liberals love to preach about.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

You obviously know nothing about me -- or who I am, for that matter.

Oh wait, you do know that I believe in stem cell research. Preach on.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

As in, the lack of it that MU is finding for his beliefs in his home state? God, you guys love the spin, and I get that, but holy christ, that was just stupid. Not "stupid because I disagree," I mean the logic was completely faulty.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

It's ridiculous that liberals, who fancy themselves tolerant and open-minded, want to surround themselves only with people that think like they do. Come on, that's just childish.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

At some point, you've got to be able to get along with people you disagree with. Hell, I've spent more than a decade working in places where my beliefs are the minority. But guess what? I ended up meeting some good people and making some good friends, even though I disagree with their politics completely. You can't close yourself off and ignore people because of political ideals. Leave that to the politicians.

Draft saved Draft deleted