1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LiveNewsCameras.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 10, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.livenewscameras.com/index.html">It's an interesting Web site that just launched last week.</a> You can watch a bunch of news feeds and press conferences and news stations. As they add to the collection of feeds and stations, it will get more interesting. Definitely a site for news junkies to check out.

2. ondeadline

Not that I care, but you could watch the whole Zorn news conference on one of the feeds.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Looks cool, but I can't view the feeds on my Mac!

4. Cowboycane

Cowboycane Member

Try installing the free flip4mac quicktime plugin, available at flip4mac.com ... it lets you watch .wmv files in quicktime. I was able to watch some with my MacBook Pro, no problem

5. Pete Incaviglia

I have that installed. Not sure why it won't work. It was one of the first things I downloaded.

6. Pete Incaviglia

Never mind. It just took forever to buffer.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It works on IE but not Firefox.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Works on Firefox for me.

Most of the feeds are either static views of the city or radar images right now. Guess you have to be watching at 11.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Fox local news from around the country? Pass.

10. ondeadline

It absolutely works for Firefox.

It's not all Fox, they've added other affiliates. As for Fox affiliates, I've not found the ones I've seen across the country to have a conservative leaning (which is what I'm inferring turned you off, cranberry)

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Working on my Mac... And with firefox... I like the moderator telling you to click on Houston One because there is an overturned semi. What red-blooded American doesn't love helicopter video of an overturned truck?

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Sarah the moderator is pretty cute.

Draft saved Draft deleted