1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live Police Scanner feed - Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Vombatus, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I would give much to see Bernie nut up enough to pound on the lectern and demand that the Republicans speak the words "Domestic Terrorist" and "Radical Christian".

Never ever happen, of course, but given all the Sturm und Drang about Republicans demanding that Obama use the specific words "Radical Islam", well...

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I wonder why they are taking so long to figure out his motive.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Babies' fault for getting clamped.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This terrorist wasn't shot and killed because no officer feared for his life. Good thing for him he wasn't handcuffed, weaponless, and surrounded by police. Might have been a different story.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Radicalized in his church, I'm sure! Probably should shut it down.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When the terrorist shot Tyshawn Lee, I don't think 16 shots were fired. But that was as despicable and wretched as any police shooting. But not worthy of community activism, CNN doesn't cover intramural affairs.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

From a Washington Post story less than an hour old.

Could be religious motivation. Could be domestic violence. Could be random sicko, of which we have a bountiful supply. But until we know, why rush to speculation? We'll have plenty of time to vilify correctly.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he looks like a white Christian who has just committed an act of terrorism. And as one political party has pointed out, if you allow someone who looks like a terrorist in the country, then you're not keeping America safe and you're letting the terrorists win.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The suspect isn't talking or at least identifying himself? Waterboard him! Murica!

heyabbott likes this.
  10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They probably should have.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I know everything is essentially public, but kind of a dick move to screenshot a Facebook post that wasn't set to public.

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

What makes you think he's a Christian?

Draft saved Draft deleted