1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live from Rosenblatt Stadium ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Make sure you use the locker on the top row, far right. That's the one I always use when I'm in the press box, and if my media guides, notes and extra pens can't be in there, I want one of the good guys to have my favorite locker, Bubbler.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I finally made my first CWS trip as a writer last year, and that was one of the more underrated parts of the trip.
    Sticking all your media guides and notes and gear in there - not lugging them through the parking lot - is a pricleless little perk.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

GameTracker, Bubbler, GameTracker. It's your friend.
    And you passed through Carter Lake, Ia., put there, somehow, I don't know exactly how, by the shifting of the Missouri River channel back in the day. Strange but true..

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Using JD's locker was a perk? Hell, wait til next year. It's gonna take em two years to clean the stench out of that locker after Bub's fetaburger .

5. "Oh shit! Press box sweep! Gotta go down low for now ..."

Though you die, the resistance lives on.

6. Johnny Dangerously

That's why I always tell newbies, before they pack, to bring a padlock, BigRed. Not that a reporter would steal, but ...

Yeah. Don't tell the NCAA, but I always put one set of media guides and notes in the locker, and another set in my hotel room. Wherever I end up working, I'm set.

7. Johnny Dangerously

According to my TV, some team named L'ville leads Rice 10-4.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I did OK last year, but I was only there for five days - my team went three-and-out. Though I did notice a few padlocks on the lockers as well. Maybe next time.... although the last time I used one of those things was senior-year gym class.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

If I were to say Louisville can really swing it, would Myles Brand be knocking on my door?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Funny stuff, Zeke.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not sure about Myles. boots would be, though.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mine says 10-5 10-7

Draft saved Draft deleted