1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live from (next door to) the Flora-Bama

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Del_B_Vista, Sep 2, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm smelling enough interest for a Gulf Coast outing in the spring ...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fuck the spring, after football season.... it wont be 90, but are we up for the booze and Florabama, or running into the ocean

3. three_bags_full

Right on, slappy. I can't put my finger on a bowl schedule right now, but there are (maybe) a couple of weekends between the end of the regular season and the start of the bowl season?

Sounds like a pretty good time.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Like the week of the SEC tournament for those of us who don't get to go, or the following week

5. three_bags_full

I'm game. Anyone else in?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, it would be easier for me to get to than Vegas will.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Merry Early Christmas.. drinking at the Florabama...

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I'm down, three bags full.

I've been in touch with DBV over the weekend ...

While he's been beachside and in the Flora-Bama, and I be in Vaught-Hemingway, well, uh, The Grove too, beforehand, gotta keep it real.

It will be much, much nicer when they get a little indoor plumbing. Ivan really kicked its ass. I think the last time I was there was August 2005. Amazing there was anything, I mean anything, left of the place.

Flora-Bama is a fun place to go off season, too, or it certainly was. Three bands and/or guitar acts, two of 'em guaranteed to be cheesy as hell, simultaneously.

Have at it, DBV ....

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'd be down for a return trip here. The condos we stayed in are nice and it's cheaper than a nice hotel room. Would have been even cheaper if we'd actually loaded up the place like we'd originally planned. (6 people for a 3BR, 2BA turned into 4 people ... even then, only $212 for three nights. I'm sure on a non-holiday weekend in the offseason it'd be even cheaper.) We are literally right next door to the Flora-Bama, so that was convenient.

We goofed around yesterday and missed the three hour-plus concert by LaRoux and Jimmy Hall. Heard it was good. Packing up the condo right now ...

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

212 total or 212 a couple?
    Damn, where did you stay? The Ms. and I are looking for a place on the gulf that's different and well, cheap.

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I'm down...I haven't seen DBV or Jesus in quite a while.

12. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

One-time poster RunSlow, I believe, owns a vacation place in Orange Beach. He probably wouldn't mind 15-20 people showing up to stay there for a weekend. :eek:

Or we could see if the IRS will let us stay at Snake's place on Ono Island.

Anyway, I'm in for an SportsJournalists.com OB outing. Any chance I have to get back to L.A., I'm there.

Draft saved Draft deleted