1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live from Hollywood: Democratic Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jan 31, 2008.

1. digger

digger New Member

They just asked a stupid question about comparing Barack to JFK.

I think this would be better if Barack and Hillary just took turns talking about issues, without those idiots going off on stupid tangents.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Fashion aside, she's done very well tonight, as has Obama. Very peaceful and conciliatory. Major message: beat the Republicans.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

Bushes and Clinton have been president for the past 30 years? Time has sailed by, I guess.

4. digger

digger New Member

They just showed Pierce Brosnan. Is he american?

A question about all the years of clinton/bush: Hillary - I've said over and over I regret their being a bush in the white house the last 8 years.

And then: It took a clinton to clean up after the first bush, It's going to take a clinton to clean up after the second.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Jackpot, Reiner sighting. And Diane Keaton, though I'm not digging that hat.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Say what you want about Hillary (not likeable, blah blah blah; vindictive bitch, blah blah blah), she is a force in this setting. She's at ease, but on point, clever, specific and upbeat.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

When she talked about judging candidates on their own merits and leaving aside what others (ie; her husband) have done, she was totally full of it.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

She's full of it, in general, though I could give a flying fuck what she or any other politican chooses to wear. Not important.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Agreed...wear a potato sack for all I care.
    I want ideas, not fluff.

10. digger

digger New Member

Followup question from wolf the douchebag: Senator Clinton, that's a clear swipe at you.

I kid you not. Just those 8 words. He want's them to fight in the worst way. They won't do it. It's pretty clear, for now at least, they're going to play clean and not give the republicans any ammo for later. Don't know if that will hold up past tuesday, though.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Blitzer sucks. What little I've watched of this so far is very good. I don't need the mudslinging to help make my decision.

12. digger

digger New Member

I could vote for either one of these two based on what they're saying and how they're acting tonight. (I'm voting for Obama on Tuesday, now that Edwards is out).

Too bad Hillary has all the baggage from the previous weeks (the florida vote bullshit, etc) that makes me really dislike her

Draft saved Draft deleted