1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live from Hollywood: Democratic Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Queen For A Day!

Where's Jack Bailey?

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Seriously: I'm not being bitchy about ugly earrings.

To me, this is about wanting the biggest job in the world, in the fight of your life, having to overcome massive stereotypes about whether a woman can command the respect required to be President of the United States.

Look like a president. Not a high school principal.

3. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Bill back in 92 when a dial group fell off the chart when Hillary spoke: "They didn't like her hair."

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Her handlers would pitch the latest flattering style to her, and she'd say:
    "Oh, is that what they're wearing now? . . . "

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe she's trying to "keep it real."

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Anyone watching got any comments on what they're saying so far?

I don't have it on...

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

\

I'll buy that.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I believe you can stream it live online on cnn.com.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For those of us at work and not watching the debate, what was the first question?

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You can. Unfortunately the POS computer in my office won't let me stream it.

11. digger

digger New Member

They're getting along very well - Wolf keeps trying to start trouble by asking followup questions (sort of "is what you just said a criticism of hillary/barack'') but so far they're not buying into that.

Both had a good answer concerning not keeping Bush's tax cuts for the rich: Barack - its the richest people, they can afford it, and they should WANT to help. Hillary: Those tax cuts came from president bush, and people were pretty well off before he came in.

The immigration issue also was fun: Barack basically saying we should be compassionate and try to do what's right, and both saying we need to get the whole system under control.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things I've noticed is that they've both touted their experiences working with McCain, Hillary just mentioned a bill she worked on with Lindsey Graham, a big McCain backer.
    I don't know if this is a strategy to make McCain look even worse to the GOP or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted