1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live from Afghanistan, it's Saturday night! Or, t_b_f's on the road!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Impressive work Huggy.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And it's Hi, Hi, Hey, Three Bags is on his way!

Stay safe, brother man, and many thanks for your courage and service.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Huggy. I'm adopting it too, if you don't mind.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

By all means, HC. I should clarify that I didn't create that, I just added it to the thread for all my fellow Canuckistanis.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Down and safe in Spangdahlem, Germany. We're laid over here overnight and will head into Afghanistan at some point tomorrow.

Last night was pretty crappy. We were stuck in Charleston until about 5 a.m. (Eastern) and then got on the 8-hour flight to Germany. Once that plane was in the air, we all dragged out our sleeping bags and spread out on the floor. I slept for about six hours that way, so I'm fairly rested. Sucked, but we managed.

All's well, now. Got a hot shower and a meal ... Chinese was the only thing open. 'Magine that. Chinese in Germany, with all this good food around. I just decided it was best to eat the Chinese across the street, rather than try and get a cab for all of us and head downtown.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I also just wanted to say that you guys are freaking awesome. I really, really appreciate all the well-wishes.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Be sure to get yourself some quality German food. Saying you deserve it is a huge understatement.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us up to date 3B.

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Just lifted a Basil Hayden to you, tbf. It was as good as you said it would be, a year or two ago, but the best one will be the drink celebrating your safe return.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I just realized what the yellow ribbons were about and saw this thread!

You're in my prayers, tbf. I'm looking forward to your updates.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Well crap, if i and the former virgin had known you were leaving for afghanistan, we'd have stopped in clarksvegas while passing through. I would have been glad to buy a sack of white castle and a six pack of your favorite scotch.
    fly straight, stay safe.

Draft saved Draft deleted