1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Livan, we hardly knew you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Aug 7, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I do indeed marvel every single day at how there are people on this board who make me look positively rational, normal and sane by comparision.

Posting on this board is a lot like going to a concert: No matter how bad you are, you won't be the worst singer there. And usually, the worst singer in the joint is screaming right behind you. You know, a lot like this place!

And I was only lashing out when I said you were a fanboy jackoff with no knowledge of the game. *sniff* Is it getting dusty in here? Must be my allergies.

Edit: Ragump, I will fuck your shit up.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That line, following the "I'm getting so emotional with all the love" portion of the post, made me laugh hard. Or as BYH used to say when we were really good friends, laff hard.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No man. Fucking my shit up makes too much sense. Much more effective to make up shit about some faux obsession with my mailman doing steroids and try to convince people I said it.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

eat a bowl of dicks and go fail 8th grade again, IJAGoff. :D

I feel so bad for Casty. He's going to come on the board, see this thread and go "Finally! Some legit baseball discussion!" Then he'll see me, gumming up the works again.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You'll probably just throw me under the bus, you looser.

6. Moddy by my count - the Nationals are on the hook for the following salaries next year:

Luis Ayala - $1.3 mil (coming off TJ surgery)
    Cristian Guzman - $4.2 mil (also coming off surgery)
    Nick Johnson - $5.5 mil
    Brian Schneider - $3.5 mil
    Jose Vidro - $7.5 mil

That's just $22 mil.

They also have options on Ryan Drese ($3 mil - mistake to pick that one up) and Brian Lawrence (a $5.7 option for a pitcher with a torn labrum - questionable).

The Nationals should have all the money in the world for Soriano.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So what do you pay him? 80 mil for five?

What about Lopez and Kearns? They're not big money yet, right?

Guzman? Gone. Drese? Gone. I'd like to see them try to get something out of Lawrence.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

were?

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Both of the prospects are coming here, and wooooooooooooooooooo, do we need 'em.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, shut up. You've got the younger Dan Kolb.

And two brothers, the last names of whom I cannot recall.

And Prentice Redman! And Tim Raines! (Jr)

Sounds like you've got a pretty good life there, mister. :D

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Babe, they are playing out the string on the island like they're a regional orchestra.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

We're still good friends. But the magic...it's gone.

I can't explain it.

Draft saved Draft deleted