1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"littlest shockey" hurting....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, May 3, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I could be wrong (like usual), but I think this is the best-case scenario for lil' shockey. A friend of ours had Lyme Disease, spent a month on the same battery of antibiotics and is fine.

Hope that's the case for you and your son!

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That lyme disease is no joke.
    I know a guy whose friend had lyme disease, and she ended up on 'Real World: Seattle.'

3. So little Shockey can expect to get slapped while leaving in a taxi?

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

i concur, byh. by all accounts, catching it early and starting treatment right away makes it no biggie. whew!

he's celebrating with buds at "iron man." :D :D :D

5. It's a good thing they caught it. It's not the easiest the thing in the world to detect.
    A hunting buddy of our got it and it took three years before he was successfully diagnosed and treated.
    Like GI Joe said: Knowing is half the battle.

Best of luck to you and yours.

6. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Shock: All I can say is wow, and add that my stay in Englewood Hospital recently for cellulitis was a lousy time. It certainly wasn't the fault of nurses, they were fine. But there weren't enough of them. But I was also on antibiotics for a few weeks, first the IV version and then, Keplex pills before infection was gone. Now, I'm still rubbing shin area with Bactrovan and having the leg wrapped below the knee every day. Legs are indeed difficult things to deal with.

Give your boy my best and try to relax. He'll be fine.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

At least you have an ER.

Draft saved Draft deleted