1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"littlest shockey" hurting....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, May 3, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

but on "er" it takes just an hour! :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Good for him it's done. Now he can brag about how tough he is to all his friends!

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on the tick bite location for any redness or weird swelling around it.

Lyme doesn't pop up overnight.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/Lyme/ld_humandisease_symptoms.htm

I hope Lil' Shockey's knee gets better.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What happened to rubbing some dirt on it and walking it off?

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

All things considered, glad to hear it's probably not any big deal, shockey.

Seven hours to drain a knee in an ER? That's SOP, sadly, especially if there's a motorcycle or auto accident or a GSW to tend to.

6. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

The few times I've ever been to the ER, it's in the 7-8 hour neighborhood, even when the place is empty.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nice move. Applauded. I'm sure everything's going to fine, but good luck.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

littlest shockey is doing well today. taking it easy on the lower level of the shockey estate. the spiral staircase and his crutches don't mix. his pediatrician checked in today which was nice. alex sees the orthopedist tuesday. motrin is the only anti-inflammatory/pain stuff he's needed.

mrs. shockey has had a lovely day on this sunny sunday here. took the dog for a 30-minute walk with one best bud and her dog, then went for the aforementioned looong lunch with another best bud. her usual haul of exciting sunday laundry in and around it all.

mrs. shockey is truly amazing. i don't emphasize that nearly often enough. :) :) :)

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Shockey, glad to hear that the little one is okay.

However, I've heard that even if you test negative for Lyme disease you still can have it. Keep an eye on this and remember the tic if something serious comes up later.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

i hear ya. thanks. :) :) :)

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

bumped for this update: just learned for sure it's lyme disease for the littlest shockey. he'll be wolfing down amoxycillin tabs twice daily for 28 days. his confirmation is sunday but he can toss away crutches for a couple of hours.

sees ortho doc monday to check on still-swollen knee, which should settle down now, mehopes.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Jeebus, Shockey. Really sorry to hear that. Hope he bounces back quick.

Draft saved Draft deleted