1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little things you can't ignore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 16, 2016.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The backstop at Wrigley Field seems to be askew. Maybe it's not, as I don't watch many Cubs games. It could just the ad board behind the batter playing tricks on me, but whatever it is, I can't stand it.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Every time I hear Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," I sing "the 'chair' is not my son" because of the long-ago Letterman bit

Flip Wilson and HanSenSE like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I always seem to pick up on people who point to maps to show where they want something placed or if they are in a room/field and want to direct where things go but they people who are supposed to be receiving the direction can't see where the person is pointing. I don't know why but the only example I can think of is on Star Trek Voyager when hunter aliens have taken over the ship and are using the holodecks to run elaborate simulations. At some point as shit is going down, one of the aliens is telling his men to fall back and starts randomly pointing to different spots on a map. His man he's giving orders to is yelling at him and can't see where on the map they need to fall back to but we're to believe everyone got the orders.

Sticking with Star Trek (TNG and beyond), they never use the com system consistently. Sometimes they need to call the specific person. Sometimes they need to call the Enterprise but the computer automatically directs to the correct person. What happens if they say "Enterprise, two to beam up" and the call goes to the waste engineer on deck 27? And then sometimes they need to hit their com-badge to end the call and sometimes they need to just stop talking to the person.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Agreed on this. In second place -- reporters quoting people stating basic facts.

"The monster truck show will start Friday night at 8 at the fairgrounds," promoter Yosemite Sam said. "Tickets will be $20 for adults and $5 for children 5 and up. Y'all come out."

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Misuse of "begs the question."

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Alabama claiming to have 249 national championships.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Jebediah Sunshine was arrested for ..."

expendable likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I notice how annoying Andy Samberg is - and how impressed with himself he is - better than all the people who really think he's great.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You misspelled Seth Rogen there.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Pro wrestling little thing that bugs me:

It's illegal in pro wrestling rules to hook the opponent's tights when trying to pin them. However, it's not illegal to hook them when lifting them in the air for a suplex.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted