1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little things I hate: those new Coke bottle caps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, May 23, 2010.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

KJIM's right - the new caps are a bitch to get off. There was a sharp edge on one I opened over the weekend and it almost cut my hand. You would think that would help me cut back on my Diet Coke habit, but no.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

fuckers...

3. KG

KG Active Member

I also hate the new caps. I don't drink soda much, but I do drink bottled water. I never buy Dasani anymore, because I have a hard time getting the cap back on while I'm driving.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay, *now* I understand. Stopped on the road today, got a Sprite (only because they didn't have Slice). Got back in the car and tried to open the little f*cker while I was driving. Pain in the ass. Next time, I'll skip the Sprite.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Seriously? Can open while driving? Here's my trick... I put the heel of my left hand at the bottom of the steering wheel. I hold the bottom of the bottle with that hand and use my right hand to open. You get good leverage that way.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I just complained to Diet Coke about the caps. They really hurt my hand. I opened a new bottle this morning and 9 hours later, my hand still hurts.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've heard back from Diet Coke about the "unusual situation" I've encountered with the caps (26 hours later, my hand still hurts). They've asked for my phone number and all kinds of info about where I bought the bottle, the serial number, etc.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Says the guy making fun of Rush nerds

9. KG

KG Active Member

I haven't hurt my hand in a way that caused lasting effects, but sometimes it does hurt to squeeze while turning. I just can't get the damn tops back on while I'm driving. I quit buying water and bought a reusable cup thing and refill it with the good filtered ice and water from the gas station.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I haven't made fun of Rush fans or nerds of any kind in many days.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Back up a minute. They still make Slice?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. You can buy it at BDS. It's right next to the character.

Draft saved Draft deleted