1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little Rock info for Wilco

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Sep 6, 2007.

1. joe

joe Active Member

I'm heading to Little Rock on Sept. 18 for the Wilco concert, and I'm looking for a decent, not ungodly expensive place to stay. Also, if anyone else is going, I'm up for grabbing some drinks (and, hell, maybe even some food) before and/or after. I should arrive in the early afternoon, if that helps.
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm so pissed. Wilco is coming to Charlottesville Oct. 20, and I have a damn road game to cover. Why couldn't they have come a week earlier, on my team's bye week. So inconsiderate Tweedy!

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Sleep Cheep Motel in Benton is $25 a nite and is 20 miles away.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Look at Wyndham in North Little Rock, just across the river from the downtown bar area.

If that is "ungodly expensive" for your budget, there may be another joint or two across the river downtown.

5. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

You could stay just outside a suburb named Maumelle. There is a Comfort Suites off I-40 at the Morgan Exit. It's less than a 20 minute drive to the arena from there.

I've known people who have stayed there and said it was nice. And there's fast food right there, plus restaurants in Maumelle just off the Boulevard (main drag through) just couple minutes down the road. Just ask at the desk.

Wyndham is OK too, has a bar, a sushi restaurant, if you're into that, and it's a 10 minute walk to the arena. Plus there are two Italian restaurants and two bar-type restaurants in NLR minutes away.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

They are playing Slugger Field in Louisville on a FRIDAY!!! So now Wilco for me. That licks donkey smegma.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Would you walk to the arena from the Wyndham?

I don't know if I would.

8. both denver shows are up for the torrent inclined

and they're great

no membership needed, no ratio requirements (though it's cool to take it to at least 100 percent)

sept. 1 --http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=509303
    sept. 2 -- http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=509315

9. joe

joe Active Member

Thanks to those who replied via PM. Also want to extend an invitation to anyone who is attending the Sept. 19 show at The Blue Note in Columbia, Mo. I have futons, plural.
    Joe

Draft saved Draft deleted