1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little Miss Sunshine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Trifecta: the cursing and drugs got it an R. A G rating kills you at the box office. Have to scuff
    it up a bit to bring in the bucks. Current Hollywood reality.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No fucking way it wins Best Picture...

It's a cute film... Nothing less, nothing more... While I'm not surprised Arkin or the little girl got Oscar nominations, the fact that this is nominated for Best Picture is a joke...

This is supposed to be better than Children of Men? Dreamgirls, other than Hudson, is overrated, but it's still better than Little Miss Sunshine.

I think people are just getting wrapped up in the fact that it's been ages since we had a great comedy and they love a little indie film that could...

Again, good film, but c'mon...

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No, it's not a joke. It's a legitimate nomination. They won't take it back. :)

4. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Seriously. The first In-Laws may be one of the funniest movies ever. The second, exactly like the first but they took all the funny out.

Little Miss Sunshine was fabulous. Almost spoiled Christmas when watching it LATE (early) Christmas morning and damn near woke the whole house up laughing at the 'talent' scene.

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I'm with you. And I thought the ending sucked. Didn't buy it for a second.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ending's pure Hollywood. They believe what they want to believe.

7. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Doesn't the DVD have something like four alternate endings?

8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I just opened a Netflix account and put this at the top of my queue.

Here's hoping the people touting this one didn't give me a bum steer.

Oh, and Children of Men sucked rhinocerous balls.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

To those who say it's being nominated only because it's one of the best comedies in years, I say: That's exactly why it should be nominated. All the craptacular comedies out there prove that it's a real tough genre to get right. I daresay that there are numerous comedies that should have been nominated over the years but weren't because Hollywood gets a stick up its ass regarding the gravitas of dramas when it comes times to nominate, methinks.

Draft saved Draft deleted