1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little Miss Sunshine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 21, 2006.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Watched it tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. The end was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I loved the kneepads. haha.

It was a good movie, but ... it's not one that I scream out, "GO SEE" ... it's more a, yeah, you should watch it, but if you don't, ehhh -no worries.

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

best movie of the year for me. I give it a 9 (out of 10)

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given what's passed for comedy, emerging from Hollywood over the past two decades, it was better than good. Great? Ehhhhh.

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Wow. And that's not to the movie, that's to all the rave reviews you people have given it. I didn't laugh more than once or twice, and I thought the whole thing was a bit weird and very boring. Two years from now I won't even remember having seen this movie, it was that forgettable.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Very funny at times, but it would have been just as good without all the profanity.

7. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I love threads that go three months between posts and pick up like there was no break.

8. I'm with ya on this one. Other than the final scene with the girl dancing, I thought the movie was kind of forced, boring at times, and other than a few slight chuckles, I thought it was kind of a dud. Of course, I felt the same way about Nacho Libre and it has seemed to catch on a bit of a cult status.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

So 3fecta, I'm guessing you think SportsJournalists.com would be just as good without all the profanity, killing kittens and 8 second-jokes?

:)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Fuck no!

Er, hi sxy....will be back in 8 seconds. Have to, um....never mind.

11. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I really, really liked this movie. It was laugh out loud funny in parts and it had a heart, too. I'm usually not one that enjoys running gags in movies, but the bit with having to push-start the van was tremendous. When they realized they forgot the girl at the gas station, swung back thru - without stopping - opened the door and beckoned her like a dog to start running...I lost it. Tremendous.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My favorite movie of the year...and from what I'm hearing here in Hollywood, it's the new front-runner for Oscar's Best Picture.

I think you need a big family to really enjoy it

Draft saved Draft deleted