1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little Miss Sunshine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm a harsh movie judge. 2 1/2 stars is a pretty good rating from me.
    However, upon further reflection, you're probably right. I just thought of an actual review I wrote for a movie I didn't actually like, and I gave it 2 1/2 stars.
    'Little Miss Sunshine' is upgraded to three stars.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Now.... I will go see it.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Kinnear damn well may get an Oscar nomination for it. Solid effort on his part.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hell of a career he has put together for himself.

Loved his version of Later.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

STUNNING career he's put together for himself, considering where he came from -- late-late night talk show host.

6. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Are we really talking Oscars for this movie? I loved it, it just seems like too much of a comedy. I would love to see it win some awards, just wondering if that's possible for a movie of this genre.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Kinnear is always good, but he might get overshadowed by the more flamboyant role that Arkin had.
    But I don't think either will get a nod.
    I was more than a little surprised by Carrell. Good work by him, too.
    Toni Colette didn't have enough to do, but I think she deservesw recognition for her performance in 'The Night Listener.'

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Threadjack attempt: Has anyone heard any buzz on the Bobby Kennedy biopic?

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Emilio Estevez project? It's a disaster from what I read.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Arkin's advice to the teenage boy about life (during the van ride) ought to get him an Oscar nod all by itself. I looked at my wife and said, "You know, he's dead on." ;D

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Great flick. Went in cold, not knowing anything other than 'the guy from 40-year-old virgin is in it' and really enjoyed it.

Lots of laughs.

My only complaint was that 40 yo virgin guy talked so quiet at times, that the entire theater would be laughing at what the problem child wrote in his notebook, i wouldn't be able to hear what was said. Probably missed 3-4 lines due to this.

12. Editude

Editude Active Member

Some good moments and a good cast (Arkin is quite funny), but it reached in some plot respects and was a little more smug than I would have preferred. Recommended but not revered.

Draft saved Draft deleted