1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little Markie Madden gets spanked

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 21, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure when the "Jewfro" comment happened. Maybe markvid can clear that up. Maybe the reaction hasn't been loud enough yet.

I'm thinking that, fair or not, a big difference here is the target of the comments. We're talking about a middle-aged white columnist as opposed to the black players on a women's college basketball team, so the sensitivity level may not be the same.

Also, I'm not sure the best way to ask this....who is supposed to be offended by the "Jewfro" thing? Jews or African Americans?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm guessing other than cursing out the Pope during lent on a Friday in Pittsburgh, he really cannot do much worse. Right?

It's just a small market, and he is such an idiot that you cannot take him seriously. I mean, he wrestled in the WCW for crying out loud.

WTAE... always behind WPXI and KDKA, IMHO.

They should have Joe DiNardo come in and do the firing.

"Joe, what's the forecast for tomorrow?"
    "Madden will be fired."
    "Joe said it would."

3. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I never thought "jewfro" was offensive. I've heard comedians use it (Think Howard Stern joked about having one in the 70s, Seth Rogen did a version of it in "Knocked Up"). Hell, I think I've said it. To me, it describes a type of hair.

4. outofplace

That is along the lines of what I was thinking. It sounds like it might be offensive, but I can't really see who is being insulted....other than Smizik for having bad hair.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Um, hello, and "half-breed" isn't offensive? Madden is one of the most awful kinds of ignorant. I still can't wait to see him jump on here and start bashing us for no good reason.

6. outofplace

"half-breed" is definitely offensive. Much moreso than "jewfro." Madden has been spouting off in an offensive manner for a very long time and mostly getting away with it.

Has he posted under his actual name here, cougargirl? That would be funny. I can already imagine him going on about how smart he is and how much more money he makes than all of us.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Bring back Stan Savran and the rug!

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What comeback?

He never left.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I thought he was taken off Fox 970 last year...yes, I realize he still has his TV gig, but I thought he was exiled from radio.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Yes...TV only for now.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

To be honest, I'd never heard of this guy before I read the thread.
    Sounds like a real shit-head, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted