1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little League World Series

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Aug 10, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So two girls from the U.S. gymnastics team are injured with hurt ankles. My ankle would have to be broken to for me to get to the olympics and not compete. Anyway, if one of the girls does not jump in prelims, can they compete in semis and or finals, since it is a team competition?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I just found out this week that an old friend of mine was coaching a team in one of those regionals where the winner goes to Williamsport. I don't think they did very well there but it was kind of cool that he was there.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wrong thread or something??

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Got to peek at a tremendous game last night - the Great Lakes Regional (11 innings).
    Great shot of the Indiana pitcher's mother, sitting in the grass behind the stands smoking a cigarette because she's too nervous to watch her kid pitch.
    Then there was the Ohio shortstop, 3-for-3 and reaching base all fives time up after taking a bad hop the night before and breaking four bones in his face. Kid looked like he'd been through three rounds of MMA.

5. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

NESN showed the entire New England regional.

I mean, I know you can only air so many episodes of Charlie Moore or Red Sox Rewind. But really?

6. KP

KP Active Member

And the same production crew did the Mid-Atlantic Regional for MSG.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

SHELTON REPRESENT!!!

(I actually couldn't care less and think the wall-to-wall coverage of the LLWS long leaped into creepiness)

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Don't worry, "Sox Appeal" will be returning soon. :D

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You only cover us when Erin Andrews is half-naked! [/crossthreading]

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Sad to say, I really don't think I know anything about Shelton.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Me neither. I always thought of it as one of those beaten-down factory towns in the Naugatuck Valley, but it's in Fairfield County...just like Trumbull, the 1989 champs.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

In other words, they're probably a bunch of spoiled rich kids. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted