1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little League Dilemma

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Oct 6, 2010.

1. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

From everything you have said, I can't see any reason why I would want my child involved in this league from this moment forward. But not being emotionally invested, it's easy to feel that way. Good luck with your decisions.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So you're really distributing negative literature in a campaign for a Little League board seat?

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Nothing has been distributed. The literature was written in the heat of the moment, and it had nothing to do with winning a board seat. It was written by myself from a parent's perspective. It was written out of concern that drug dealers are in the park where families gather and little kids play baseball.

By the way, could you be a little less negative when someone asks for advice? Being disrespectful is not a prerequisite here.

4. cranberry

I didn't realize you only want people who will validate your sensibilities to post on this thread.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Run, fast, as far away from this fiasco as you can get.

6. HeinekenMan

I didn't realize that it would be necessary to include a disclaimer asking assholes to keep their pie-holes shut.

7. cranberry

Dude, you're the one involved in negative campaigning for a Little League board seat. I'm just trying to discourage your childish impulses.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At the heart of all of this, he's doing this to help the kids.

Whether he's too far involved (unintentionally, I believe) is up for debate.

I respect any parent who is willing to take time from their busy schedule to coach.

9. HeinekenMan

There is a big difference between constructive criticism and being a prick. Chin up, buddy. Life can't be all that bad.

10. cranberry

Sure that's easy for you to say. You're on your way to a cushy Little League board seat if you can do enough political damage that woman enough before the big election.

11. TimmyP

TimmyP Member

This pissing match aside, are there any other options for your kids to play in your area? Any other leagues you could switch to?

No matter how this turns out, it sounds like things have the potential to be pretty uncomfortable. And getting into a feud with a known drug dealer (even if she's a woman and even if you didn't start it or do anything wrong) doesn't sound like the best thing in the world.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

At no point in this thread did HeinekenMan address the drugged-out mom's hotness and demonstrated flirtation quotient. That's pretty crucial information when deciding how involved to get in the league.

Draft saved Draft deleted