1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little-known scary movies you haven't seen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Even as a child, I didn't find "Something Wicked" particularly scary, but it is still worthwhile. Jonathan Pryce (a hugely underrated actor) is very good in it, especially how his next big role in "Brazil" is so completely different.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The more I think of it, the more I say 'Pan's Labrynth' is not a scary movie.
    Before seeing it on that list, I had never thought of it as scary.
    I'm a fan of Del Toro, but I think some of his work gets incorrectly put into genres in which it does not belong.
    I love 'Cronos.' I guess you can make an argument that 'Cronos' is a horror movie, but I don't think of it as being part of the genre.
    'The Devil's Backbone' is fantastic, and I feel the same way about it. I can see why people put it into the scary/horror category, but there's so much more to it thyat I don't think of it that way.

'The Orphanage' and the 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' remake are definitely horror movies, but he didn't direct them.

Draft saved Draft deleted