1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

little big man shockey

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Aug 19, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

no, not a little man/girl issue.

he's off to college tomorrow. sigh. lots of last-minute shopping, packing, and goodbyes from friends and my parents. tears from mrs. shockey, natch.

she takes him up to school tomorrow, accompanied by her sister to wipe the tears. exciting times for the young man who does us proud every day.

of course, mrs. shockey had me scoote to cvs today to buy him going-away condoms. don't know if he'll ever get a chance to use 'em, but it's good for his roommate and hall mates to know that he's an optimist, right?

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

That's funny. How will he respond to that? ...

Also, what school?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Man. You are the coolest parents ever.

My mom did everything but get our church's priest to sit me down and remind me I'd go to hell if I got laid at college. Hell, here I come!!! :D

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Mazel tov, shockey....I'm sure it's a very bittersweet day. Wait until he leaves before you cry.

Just sayin, though, if he's old enough to use condoms, he should probably buy his own.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Shockey giving advice to his son.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. shockey

shockey Active Member

he reacted good-naturedly. knows the first box is on us. now it's on him for the rest of his life. one of our good friends in town and her daughter -- a sophomore to be at delaware -- were here when i presented little man with his gift. good laughs had by all.

now, buying condoms for your sonis a pip -- thought about getting him the "extra large" as a joke but figure if he's a chip off the ol' block, those aren't necessary.

oh, and he's off to suny-binghamton, probably the best of the suny schools, proud papa says. the underachieving lad snuck in thanks to his fine SAT score (1,230). more than 100 points more than his old man. not bad for a kid who never seemed to open a book.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The first? You're so cute. :p

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, Shockey neglected to explain how to use them.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shockey, middle, and Mrs. Shockey, left, are horrified to find out this is not the case.

[​IMG]

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Goodbye condoms? Dear god how incredibly awkward. Just tell him to go down the hall and as the mentor for protection or go to the health center. Less creepy.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

less creepy? really?

i'd say we're pretty effin' cool, if i say so myself.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Shockey ... you're the coolest dad ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted