1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Literary agent's bio says Obama was born in Kenya

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, May 19, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Excellent, dixiehack.

It's really too bad that "bullshit and laziness" can't become a catchphrase outside journalism.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

After you write, "I don't know," clearly indicating you "don't know if Obama was born in Hawai'i" it really matters not one iota what you write next (or in your specific case, what you write and write and write and write next). If you don't know, given all the undeniable proof that's been presented, then you are a moron whose ability to be a so-called "moderator" (root word, moderate, as in fair to all sides, despite your repeated attacks on posters) calls into question the board management's judgment.

It also raises the question why can't moderators' posts about subjects that have nothing to do with managing threads be ignored? Why must you inflict your every word (after word after word) on us, when others have ignore buttons for a reason?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

TigerVols - It seemed pretty clear that the "I don't know" was in reference to whether Obama ever *claimed* to have been Kenyan-born, not whether he was actually born in Kenya.

It's a pretty damned important distinction for the argument Ragu was making, which was something like "Obama was born in Hawaii, but he wasn't afraid to let people have the impression that he was born in Africa if he wanted to seem worldly" or something.

Ragu's not being a birther. He's just blaming the victim. But don't say something is "pretty clear" if you can't be bothered to check if it's actually accurate.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Tiger, Ragu wasn't replying "I don't know" to the question of whether or not Obama was born in Hawaii. I'm pretty sure he's not a birther.

Edit: Sorry, just saw Rick's post. What he said.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Waaaaaaaaah!

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Once again, bullshit baffles brains.

Can you deconstruct this into actual English?

I have no idea for sure if he ever overtly claimed it, if he let others believe something without claiming it, whether he let something like that get mistakenly written without correcting it, or whether things like this are just some kind of inconvenient coincidence.

Seriously, what does that sentence mean?

Do you have anything close to an internal editor or do you just type away and expect the rest of us to do a some sort of "Where's Waldo?" with your ramblings?

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Yeah! I know I feel an extreme sense of self-importance when I pile on. It makes me feel accepted and rebellious at the same time.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's fun to pile on the stupid. They are allowed to run loose most of the rest of the time.

(Awaiting Alphabet Soup's next devastating riposte.) :eek:

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you seriously can't read that sentence, you should look into Hooked on Phonics.

It was a run-on, but it wasn't confusing.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You tell 'em, Brick! You tell 'em with all the emoticons, capital letters and bastardized, attention-grabbing words that in no way suggest someone who is trying to hide their insecurity.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I get that Ragu hates the term "birther." To be fair, he's concerned.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, not confusing at all: he's very very concerned that our pinko commie libtard socilist mooslim neegro President may be a Kenyan.

Oh, did somebody hear a little dog yapping?

Draft saved Draft deleted