1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Literary agent's bio says Obama was born in Kenya

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, May 19, 2012.

1. Seriously, would this be an issue if his name was Benjamin Harrison Oliver?

But no, he has an African-sounding name and -- gasp! -- has a middle name of Hussein. Certainly, he can't be one of us. He must be the Manchurian candidate that for decades was slated to come. So let's forget that other 43 Presidents have origins from other countries or that the man the black man with the strange sounding name ran against wasn't born in the US. Surely, if he had won, there wouldn't have been a debate about that, now, would it?

Birther, concerned, whatever. As this continues to be pushed, the root cause slowly no longer is about patriotism. It becomes abject racism.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

On second thought, I agree with Ragu. All this birther stuff really is Obama's fault.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Which is deeply concerning.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I am so concerned! Can't you see my brows furrowing?

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Big is most certainly right. This is deeply vexsome.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd be curious to see what he listed on his college applications.

I wonder if there was a bio of him from when he was at Harvard Law Review.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

How can we be sure?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Are we awake?

[​IMG]

Are we black?

[​IMG]

Yes, we are.

[​IMG]

Then we're awake ... but we're very confused.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yup. That's exactly what I said.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The literary agent's great-great-great grandmother sold John Wilkes Booth his ticket to the play

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The literary agent assistant's grandmother wanted everyone to know the Titanic was her fault and only her fault. She forgot to check for icebergs.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We also don't know that you've never left the bloody corpse of an intern behind.

Come on, Ragu, don't you have more spine than this? Can you maybe enlighten me on how the papers ran his birth announcements at the time? And the delivery doctor's statements?

I'm really surprised you'd spout this birther nonsense in any form whatsoever. I thought you were brighter than that.

Draft saved Draft deleted