1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Literary agent's bio says Obama was born in Kenya

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, May 19, 2012.

1. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

If you want to go birther, by all means, go for it. Won't be any sillier than a lot of other things. But the birther-curious routine just seems silly.

I know, I know. Just asking questions, etc.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She probably killed Vince Foster, too.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just concerned. Very concerned.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is your nonsense. The word "birther" is stupid -- whether it is used by anyone who calls themselves one OR it is used by anyone who will twist themselves in pretzels to avoid any conversation about why that blurb may even exist in the first place.

Don't try to shoehorn me into your world, please.

Just as I can use common sense to come up with a likely explanation for this stuff. ... I can use common sense and actual evidence to conclude that he was born in Hawaii.

Even with that said, it's all stupid to me. I honestly don't give a shit where he was born. The guy is as American as I am. And I don't have any stupid agenda to try to claim he can't be president on a technicality. He's smart and qualified and it's all noise.

You're being as silly to me as the people claiming that stupidity, because when you are faced with this thread, you won't accept common sense conjecture that Obama is at least partly responsible for creating narratives about himself in the past that have led to this bullshit coming up. To you, I must have "gone birther" or have some agenda to try to cast doubt on his presidency. I don't.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I understand it, the literary agent has stated on the record this was all his/her mistake. So how does Obama figure into it at all? Because he had the temerity to have a somewhat interesting childhood? The guy's been President for three-plus years. For better or worse, he's not exactly a stranger anymore. I daresay even the people who vote against him will ignore this whole thing.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's the literary agent's "mistake." I'm sure she just made it up. Obama never had any input on HIS OWN BIO.

7. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

You have your "common sense" and your "conjecture". I guess I am also entitled to mine, which pegs you as a goldbug and birther-curious and a little nutty.

It's all good.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

This would be HUGE if true! :eek:

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Ragu is not a birther. He's concerned.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The literary agent's mother taught Rosemary Woods how to erase audiotape.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's definitely all good.

You've found a way to make this position work for you. It's actually quite impressive.

[​IMG]

Looking at the world straight on is scary, so why bother when you can create the view you want.

Sorry I suggested otherwise. You're right, I am birther curious and nutty. Particularly when you stick your head between your legs and look at me upside down.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that Obama is Muslim, or was born in Kenya. But he is black. You connect the dots.

Draft saved Draft deleted