1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

List of world’s most dangerous non-muslim extremists

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Oh, hells yeah.

And PointofTalmudLaw: I'm not the one who abruptly and randomly started a thread about the hook-nosed menace.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Ragu walks around with the list, you know, just in case.

M_W, you are being hyper-sensative.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Great. The friendly neighborhood atheist isn't concerned. You could knock me over with a feather.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Are you always like this?

5. Mighty_Wingman

Are you?

Bottom line, the list (of "the world's most dangerous non-muslim extremists," remember) includes Bill Kristol -- who part-owns a magazine -- and a bunch of bureaucrats -- several of them unemployed -- in the top 10.

No sign of, say, Kim Jong Il, as someone already pointed out. No sign of Vladimir Putin, who unlike Paul Wolfowitz has the bomb. No sign of ANYONE who isn't an American and doesn't vote Republican. And -- again -- five Jews in the top seven.

According to the Census Bureau, 1.4 percent of Americans are Jewish. Just thought I should mention it.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I guess if you feel the need to throw around classifications, might as well. Hell, your first response was to go for the bigot card. So, hey, just classify anyone that disagrees with you.

PoO has posted quite a bit on this site. He hasn't, in the mold of Hondo, Heyabbot, Yawn, Zagoshe, and another that I'm forgetting, shown his disdain for any race, religion or sexual preference. A thread started with a list of individuals that were involved in the creation of the Iraq Bungle, which just happens to have a few Jews on it, suddenly becomes a list solely created to list a few Jews.

Oh, and I find it pretty fucking insulting that you think I would tolerate antisemitism.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

To be fair, here, a few things:

I don't think the original list was serious. Thus, while clearly a true list of the world's most dangerous non-Muslim extremists would include people like Kim Jong-Il and Poochy, this doesn't bother me at all.

And all the people on the list share a very specific political ethos. I think that trumps the fact that five of the eight are Jewish. So I don't think that the list makes the author anti-Semitic.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Just because I can:

Cartman: [seeing Kyle lolling for a snowflake] Hey! [Kyle is taken aback] What the hell are you doing? Jewish people can't eat Christmas snow!
    Kyle: We can, too!
    Stan: …nnnaw I think it's against the law, dude.
    Kyle: Officer Barbrady!
    Officer Barbrady: What? [a car screeches to a halt as he raises his arm]
    Kyle: Is it illegal for Jewish people to eat Christmas snow?
    Officer Barbrady: [after a long pause] Yyess.
    Kyle: Damnit!

9. Mighty_Wingman

Perhaps we'll just agree to disagree.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

M_W. Dude. I'm into politics. I like following it. I'm not a fan of neoconservatism, the Iraq war or its purveyors. Just about every day I see a thread on this web site about the latest threats from dangerous Muslims. My point in this thread was to identify the purveyors of neoconservatism and the war in Iraq on an equivolent basis.

As I indicated to the guy who compared it to a Yawn thread, the point of the post was to present the most simplistic criticism of neoconservatism I could think of.

Bill Kristol helped sell neoconservatism, and thus the Iraq war, to the most moderate of conservatives with his propaganda. So did Charles Krautheimer... Is he a Jew? (I truly don't know.) So did Roger Ailes. As far as I know I've never met your nor had any run in with you on this message board, but beyond that, I'm not really concerned with your opinion of me.

11. Mighty_Wingman

Look, fundamentally, the biggest problem with this thread is the title.

If you mean it, you're an idiot. If you don't, what's the point of writing it? And why imitate Yawn, of all people? Because he's a jackass, you made a conscious decision to be an jackass too?

I don't think you're an anti-Semite...though I honestly don't have any proof to the contrary. I absolutely think your list is anti-Semitic.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I don't think there's inherently anything Jewish about neoconservatism -- obviously, American Jews run the entire political spectrum (I wouldn't call Rahm Emanuel a neocon). But for whatever reason, most of the high-profile architects of neoconservatism are Jewish, so criticism of the movement is inevitably going to strike some people as potentially anti-Semitic.

That seems like a lame reason, however, not to criticize neoconservatism, given how disastrous the philosophy has turned out to be when put in action. And playing the religion card and accusing critics of anti-Semitism seems like a convenient way to change the subject.

Draft saved Draft deleted