1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

List of Costs under Bush/McCain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Mar 17, 2008.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Not exactly sure he's ever put it in those exact words, but I understand that point.
    I think as is the case with my example of my own child making the decision to join and go. It's not that you don't support the war it's the methods or lengths some go to in showing how much they don't support it.
    And we all know it's a free country, and I will help fight for those people's right to protest, but at the same time, I personally would not feel comfortable going public with my feelings if my child chose to go. That again is their choice.
    A draft as I said earlier would be different for me, but with the current setup I would never make my child feel like an idiot for making their own choice.
    I understand what you say you have told your military friends and what their response has been - of course that is just hearsay for the rest of us. But I have no reason not to believe you. You have always been on the level in discussions with us and I will take your word as fact.
    But as I said for me I feel differently. Doesn't mean I wouldn't discuss or debate it in private, but for my child's sake I wouldn't air dirty personal/private laundry.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So what is the agent orange equivalent in Iraq?

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Sorry, I don't have my English As A Fourth Language textbook handy. What does this question even mean?

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Some of the fucked up came back exposed to shit like Agent Orange. What's the Iraq equivalent? Sand? There was a lot of goofy shit about Vietnam that this situation hasn't put a dent in.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.biofact.com/gulf/

Draft saved Draft deleted