1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liquor of choice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

For the past several years, I've been conducting a drink fast from the Super Bowl to Paddy's Day.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Buck, I make up for your fast. After the Super Bowl until April is when I do most of my drinking. That is my mourning period.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Finished the last of the Gentleman last week and won't restock until next week. Also topped off the last of my Single Barrel last night. Facebook has a group just for Tennessee Squires and they always have a barrel going. I think they are purchasing Barrel 5 now, mine was Barrel 2.
    Ironic thing is I am also a collector and while I have a shitload -- like gallons -- of Jack in the house in various collectable bottles, there's less than a fifth to drink until payday.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

1. Seagrams 7
    2. Disaronno/Seagrams
    3. Crown Royal

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. swamp trash

swamp trash Guest

Favorite: The Glenlivet
    Cheap: Early Times bourbon or Korbel brandy, either can be had for around 8 bucks
    For super-shitty nights: Bacardi 151, neat. And by "neat" I mean, straight from the bottle.

7. PressRowsNotSafe

PressRowsNotSafe New Member

It's funny how this list evolves from the early days of college. Seeing how I'm not nearly far away from those days as some, it's probably got some evolving to go.

1) Canadian Club
    2) Jack, Elijah Craig, something like that.
    3) Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek, Gentleman's.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I'll take my Glenlivet on the rocks with a twist.
    If Im at a bar I will get a Bombay Sapphire and tonic.
    For wine I tend to lean toward white and a Pinot Gris usually does the trick.

Draft saved Draft deleted