1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liquid lunch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

I would recommend the Two Meat Platter so you can get the PP and the brisket. At 23 bucks, it's a steal.

But I want to bring a crew in there soon and throw ourselves face first into the Fat Ass Platter.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Mmmm. That place was fantastic. I'm rather jealous, right now, but that is based on the amount of time you are taking off right now. I would very much like to get away for a few days.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

You want to pass some of that holiday time over to me? I could totally use it.

And I would take a brisket sandwich over pulled pork any day of the week. YUM. Unless, of course, someone was offering ribs.

Dammit, now I'm hungry for barbecue and the best stuff is 700 miles away.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Hmmm ... go figure ... tonight is rib night at the Pal ...

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are an intelligent human being.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What's brisket? Just a different cut of beef?

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]
    (long, slow-building food-gasm)

8. Flash

Flash Guest

It's the cut of the meat. Brisket comes from the chest plate and it's incredibly tender ... and delish.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thanks for the knowledge. I'm not a fan of steak or beef -- I like a burger, but prefer chicken and pasta at a sit-down restaurant -- so for the longest time, I thought fillet Mignon was a completely different kind of food.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

now that's what i'm talkin'. and their warm, spicy q, was as good as it gets ... and i've been JA's in abilene.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

I think it's illegal in Alberta to not like beef.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sometimes i ask myself: who the fuck is mikey?

Draft saved Draft deleted