1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lions prove how tough they'll be by giving their logo some teeth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 20, 2009.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Those are hideous.

And they look like a combo of the Seahawks/Cowboys road unis.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The logo, the lettering and the unis all reek of CFL.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not to mention the players.

4. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

The black unis were quietly junked right after Millen got fired.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The black unis have been gone. Thank goodness ... looked a little too much like the Panthers. At least the Panthers are NFL-caliber ...

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

All new NFL logos suck.

Houston is the closest to the simple ones of the past.

I have said this over and over, I don't think I could draw the logos of the Bucs, Panthers, Titans, Panthers, Broncos and a few others if you paid me.

You ask me to draw the old Lions, Bears, Cowboys, Dolphins, Packers, Vikings, and the others, it's no problem.

7. Sam Mills 51

Nothing wrong with the Bucs and Panthers logos. First one is a MASSIVE improvement over Bucco Bruce. The Panthers is terrific because it masterfully encapsulates North and South Carolina.

The Titans had to do something because Tennessee is not known for its oil, but it probably could have done better than a flaming thumbtack. Largely agree on the Donkeys ... the cyberhorse did away with one of the niftiest logos in the league. Probably should have left that one alone.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would have never known that about The Carolina logo.

Wait, I still don't see it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Sam Mills 51

Superimpose the Panthers logo on the link below:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Doutline%2Bof%2BNorth%2Band%2BSouth%2BCarolina%26fr%3Dyfp-t-106%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3Dmss%26ei%3DUTF-8&w=1612&h=1206&imgurl=www.cummingmapsociety.org%2FJ_1823_North_and_South_Carolina_Tanner.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cummingmapsociety.org%2F19thC_Maps.htm&size=306.9kB&name=J_1823_North_and...&p=outline+of+North+and+South+Carolina&oid=966f10b1eb7e8180&no=1&tt=9&sigr=11fad6ho7&sigi=1240sdvh8&sigb=13p12sjnf

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Is the neck of the Panther designed to resemble an upside-down North Carolina? I think I can make out the South Carolina outline in the cat's head.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Now it has something to gouge out when they go 0-16 again.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I never knew why Detroit screwed with the originals, the big silver numbers were tight. I hate these - it's like they're emulated the Jaguars.
    I mean the Patriots made their unis look LESS tough and they're suddenly unbeatable.

Draft saved Draft deleted