1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Linked in

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BB Bobcat, Oct 10, 2008.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Here's why it's worthwhile...

I got feelers on a big-time job about six weeks ago. Wasn't where I wanted to live, although it was a pretty good job. But because of my obvious misgivings to them about relocating from the get-go, nothing came of it.

But how they got to me, as long as I've been in the business and as many people as I know, was the point: They found me through LinkedIn.

It's not a scam, and it doesn't hurt to belong. And particularly in this job market, it could help.

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Bobcat, see SFE's post above.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes they do.

I'm on it; I got on it before Facebook, and it's useful for recruiting because of that very network thing.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Since there are a lot of journalism folks looking to get out, Linkedin can be very useful.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Since we all exist in bits and pieces on the InterWebs anyway, we might as well have a low-key but effective place to find and be found by fellow professionals.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

that's true, too, Editude. I have had a few former cronies reach out through Linked In.

Draft saved Draft deleted