1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LineWire + iTunes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 16, 2007.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Forgive if this has been discussed before.

I've just begun using LimeWire to download songs into iTunes.

The problem I'm having is the songs download into a separate folder that LimeWire created. I want to move the songs into my library, but it won't let me. It also won't let me alter the info (song title, artist, etc.).

Anyone know how to do this?

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Do you use a PC?

Limewire for Mac automatically creates a playlist in iTunes called "Limewire" where downloaded songs are automatically copied.

3. HandsomeHarley

I'm on PC, and LimeWire did create a library like that.

However, I can't move or otherwise alter the songs in that library. I've tried copy and paste, import and export. But I can't even go in and change the song info.

4. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

That's odd. The "LimeWire" playlist it created is just a playlist, and I've never had a problem altering song info in it. Since the songs are also a part of your Library if they're in the playlist, go to your Library and search for the song, then try modifying it like that.

If that doesn't work, I'm stumped, homes.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Have you tried right-clicking on the songs individually and moving them into a different itunes playlist?

That might do the trick...

6. HandsomeHarley

Right-clicking the songs does the same thing. I can go into the info box, but that box is grayed out once inside.

Looks like I'll have to burn them onto a CD and then reload them. Kind of a pain in the ass, but I can't beat the price.

Thanks for the help.

Draft saved Draft deleted