1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lindsey Lohan's walk through hell comes to a self-discovery conclusion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I have no idea what you're talking about here, but it appears you're backed into a corner. I asked you a question. Debunk it or shut the hell up. Exhibit your so-called intellect.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess you haven't asked out as many lesbians as scribe has.

3. ScribePharisee

Where do you read that in my comment. Did I say "lesbian"
    Trigger-happy, aren't we?

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It never happened. Yawn is simply making shit up as he goes. It is typical and par for the course.

He wrote out some ignorant shit. When called on it, he makes up some bullshit scenario that never occurred and claims, "See! That proves that it happens!"

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Are you trying to get someone to say that it's not better to have two loving parents in your life? Obviously, that's ideal. But some people have to make do with what they've got.

They may turn out great. They may turn out rotten. They may turn out gay. They may turn out straight.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Debunk what, troll?

7. ScribePharisee

I agree. I'll stand, however, by my contention that dysfunction leads to dysfunction. That woman longing for male attention you describe ends up a pregnant teen-ager, broke, and in a cycle of poverty if not for some family rallying around her for the tough challenges ahead.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

No, we can't, because it's abundantly clear to some of us that people don't choose their sexual orientation. We know too many people who tried to fight it for years before realizing that they couldn't deny their true selves. And you should know it, too, because you never chose to be straight (I'll assume you are). It just happened, right?

I'd imagine that being abused would certainly affect her attitude toward men. But that's something entirely different than her sexual orientation. There's no shortage of women in the world who've been abused, yet keep coming back to men. To suggest a cause-and-effect relationship is dubious, at best.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I believe our dear friend Fudgie -- where's he been BTW? -- described it as inventing an argument that no one made, and then calling someone a hypocrite when they didn't agree with the argument that you invented.

10. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I agree. In other news, the sky is blue.

11. ScribePharisee

This whole flame war began after I irritated a particular faction by asking where Lindsey Lohan's father was in her life.

Pastor, since your research does not include reading a thread:
    It has been clinically proven that having both parents in the home in a functional, peaceful house helps kids grow up mentally healthy.

Are you going to deny that?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, scribey. That faction of folks with over-80 IQs are a bunch of troublesome, preening assholes.

Draft saved Draft deleted