1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lindsey Lohan's walk through hell comes to a self-discovery conclusion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Ok, pastor, so preach this sermon:

Dysfunctional father relationships are irrelevant to the family system. A village will raise your kids.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god.

People can be lesbians without hating men. People can be homosexual men without hating women.

3. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Jeffrey Dahmer's parents were married.
    So were Michael Jackson's.

The idea of using Lindsay Lohan as a case study in the impact of the mother/father realtionship is laughably inane.

4. imjustagirl

So are mine. :D

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

And that's what you think lesbianism is, "a hate of men"? Wow.

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I've always thought of myself as a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

7. ScribePharisee

Talk about bigotry associated with that issue.

I never said people can be lesbians without hating men, and vice versa. I merely raised the issue in Lindsey Lohan's life as to where the male was in her life. It has been clinically proven that having both parents in the home in a functional, peaceful house helps kids grow up mentally healthy. I hope I don't have to explain to you or point out the links that show how Lindsey's life has been screwed up for years.

You drew that conclusion for yourself, as did a few others.

I'd like for the esteemed reverend to disprove the contention that children benefit from two functional parents, a mom and dad.

8. imjustagirl

YOU drew the conclusion by writing that sentence. No one else.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Exactly the type of response the the human troll Yawn types out. The guy was gone for a while and came back more moderate and acted obtuse for a while. Now he's back to being the whacked out of his mind bigot.

No surprise here.

10. ScribePharisee

And I know a woman who grew up hating men because of an abusive father. She is a lesbian today. If the man hadn't molested her frequently growing up, would her attitude toward men be different, and in HER case, her sexual orientation? I'm saying there's a distinctive possibility.

But some of you can't address this on a case by case basis.

11. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Re-read the first quote in the text block above, and tell me why people SHOULDN'T have drawn that conclusion. If you'd said dysfunctional male relationships can lead to bad behavior/drug use/etc., that would have been different. But that's not what you said. Don't play dumb with us.

12. imjustagirl

And I know of women who have grown up longing for male attention because of the abuse they took from their fathers.

You can't take one case and say "See? This can lead to this!" and make it across all barriers. Had you said "I know a lesbian who became one because of her abusive father" then it stands as is.

Draft saved Draft deleted