1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lindsay Lohan appears to be doing great

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Off hand, I would nominate Dennis Hopper.
    He started out a huge rising star, when off the rails from the latter part of the 70s and even into the early 80s before getting his shit back together.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The movie's been around 27 years. You've had plenty of time to see it. Not that you should rush to do so.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I think he just failed to use the blue font.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I didn't think I needed to use the font de bleu.

BDC99 likes this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Great hotel. Right on the beach.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, the third movie is better for sure.

Ryder's career is the same, I think. She peaked in the mid-90s, got caught up in Girl, Interrupted for several years, watched Angelina Jolie swallow up all the acclaim for that movie, and crashed pretty hard after that. Serious drug issues, the theft, etc.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't think Ryder would be Julia Roberts if she hadn't had the issues, but I think she probably gets another 3-5 years added to the prime of her career, which, as Alma pointed out, pretty much ended after Girl, Interrupted.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Been listening to the You Must Remember This podcast about Hollywood history.

It's amazing how many of the stars self-destructed. This is not a new thing.

In fact, back in the day, the studios gave drugs to even the kid actors so they could stay awake to churn out movie after movie and keep the weight off.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Jacked up on greenies didn't keep scores of players out of the HOF, so I guess Sly Stallone and his roids are screwed.

Ace likes this.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

More surprising: Her making 30 or Tyson making 50?

Draft saved Draft deleted