1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lindsay Graham: We're on a collison course with Iran

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Aug 3, 2008.

1. I agree with the Republicans on here who have noted, even before now, how some on the left preach tolerance and then make stupid, bigoted remarks.

Graham's a damned good senator. I don't always agree with him, but he'll do the right thing regardless of whether it's popular.

Democrats should be happy to have someone like him on the other side of the aisle. He's one of the few who listen to the other side and votes for what's best, not what will give him the most votes.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Homophobic is the last thing I am. Sexuality is the one thing people should be able to laugh at. Unfortunately, when a large percentage of the population thinks that it's a "sin" and that gay people are "going to Hell," I guess that makes it off-limits to joke about.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Spinning, face it man, that was a really dumb thing you said. It was completely irrelevant.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

What about farts and knock-knock jokes?

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm game.

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

It means Spinning read it on Daily Kos, where he gets most of his talking points, and thought it was funny.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You seemed to be mocking Graham's sexuality in your original post. I have no problem if we want to start a thread questioning the hypocrisy of an anti-gay voting record but gay behavior. But it just really doesn't have anything to do with the Iranian comments. You lost your intended message and people who may agree with you because of it.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Word. for. mother. fucking. word.

Why not quit while you're ahead spinning? Before you piss off the OTHER half of SportsJournalists.com.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Knock knock.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Who's there?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Your mamma.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Your mamma who?