1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lindsay Graham: We're on a collison course with Iran

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I thought this said Lindsay Lohan. Thought maybe Iran was sitting on a stockpile of Grey Goose and Columbia's finest.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I did the same thing at first. I thought yet another Hollywood type pretending to be so well-versed on foreign affairs.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Still not getting how his mannerisms or sexuality has anything to do with this.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

They don't.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

The masses are humorless this morning, I guess.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Unless it's supposed to be broad, ironic commentary into what he sees as conservatives having the same obsession with sexual orientation. But he's applying it with as much panache as a buffalo on Red Bull.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Or maybe we have higher standards of humor. There's a reason Howard Stern worked and a shitload of imitators doing much the same thing failed.

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Funny, Clinton's sex life was fair game but questioning Graham's is not.

The South Carolina media like much of the South's is in BED (OOHHH did he really say that? risque ... bad, bad boy) with the GOP and sees only blue-tinted hypocrites.

Let's have a real investigation of the rumors about South Carolina Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, who … has been rumored to be gay for years," Signorile says. "Like Larry Craig, Graham has voted antigay — including for the federal marriage amendment — while people in South Carolina and Washington have discussed what some say is an open secret for a long, long time."

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A32974

9. markvid

markvid Guest

#1 - RUMORED
    #2 - what does it have to do with his stance on Iran?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm as left wing as they come, and Graham's sexuality really doesn't interest me. And Spinning, homophobic remarks are homophobic remarks, whether they come from the right or the left.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bookmark.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

1. The ad for this page is a banner that reads "Meet Single Iranians Here"

2. The homophobic shit spewed by some assholes is laughable; that a sitting U.S. senator thinks we currently have the wherewithal to do much more than a cruise missile campaign in Iran is not. "Stretched thin" doesn't begin to describe the current state of the military.

Nevermind that the fire's burning worse in Afghanistan and that life outside the Green Zone's far from hunky-dory in Iraq. Fuck it. Let's start a third front.

Dumbass.

Draft saved Draft deleted