1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Linda Cohn: "a two-run homo"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, May 5, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That a boy...

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

And let's not forget the dreaded shit put results from a track meet, nor the mention of shitless fans enjoying a sunny afternoon at the ballpark. Only one of those happened to me, but I saw the other.

For some reason, spell check doesn't catch that. (Or as one ME said, "It was spelled correctly.")

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I've done that too, but I caught it. I now go through and do a word search for curse words, etc. when I use those words. I've gotten paranoid.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's OK... there's a state association website that, for one of its sports, currently has a page with County missing the "o" in the school name.

O, and it's a girls sport...

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Militant homosexual agenda hacks should insist that Linda Cohn be fired!

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

9. fletch b. fletch

fletch b. fletch New Member

A paper I used to work at once listed the college football rankings under "How AP's Top 25 Farted" (no, it wasn't me). Also, there was a classic Curb Your Enthusiasm episode about a typo in an obituary for a "beloved aunt" that replaced the "a" with a "c"

10. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

I know a radio news guy that announced an inmate being exceuted, in Texas of course. The ladies name was Wanda Faye Tucker and he said Wanda Taye Fucker, granted this is a murderer were talking about but still a funny mistake

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Paper I know covered a high school game.........

Topeka High (Trojans) defeated Topeka (Seamen)

wait for it............wait for it..........wait for it............

Yep.

Trojans stop Seamen.

I know at least one was fired.

12. At a former job, our beloved sports editor once typed a headline referring to a meeting of "Dicks Unlimited."

Made it in the paper, too. Thankfully, I was off the night it ran.

Draft saved Draft deleted