1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Linball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 10, 2012.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He's probably the only Mike D'Antoni-style player on that roster, no? No idea why the Knicks insist on the charade of him as coach, if you're also trading for Carmelo Anthony.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

whitlock's the obese black guy right? Fat and stupid seems to be his plan to get through life

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Wendi Murdoch is going to love that tweet.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The one white guy and three black guys at the halftime of ESPN's telecast last night were trying to set a record for stereotypes and cliches.

*clever
    *crafty
    *intelligent
    *smart
    *a combination of John Stockton and Steve Nash

The only thing that was missing was telling us that he could turn a television into a watch.

I don't think these guys are raycess, just lazy. There have been hundreds of black NBA guards the last decade. You can't find one comp who is 6-3 and drives the lane all the time?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Years ago Clyde Frazier and I were discussing Iverson and Rasheed Wallace, and I thought Wallace would be the better player, but Clyde said Iverson can make his own shot. In the NBA you have to be able to make your own shot. Lin can make his own shot. He gets to the rim time and time again without the aid of a ball screen or motion. He will have a long career in the NBA.

But Mello is a concern.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I haven't watched a game yet, but this is an unbelievable story.

The guy's been sleeping on his brother's couch, and now, in four games, he's become the biggest sports story in New York City and in the NBA.

It might be enough to get me to watch an NBA game for the first time in years.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Last night was certainly the first regular-season game I made a point of watching, probably since the Shaq-Kobe Lakers.

If someone is taking the "wake me" or "sick of it already" approach on this story, I have to ask what it is exactly that those people like about watching sports.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Knicks look like a completely different team with Lin running the O. Great spacing, lots of movement and energy from the other 4 players. Amare will fit in fine but Carmelo not so much. He will have to change his game for this to work.

Even if Lin has a shooting slump his ability to penetrate will be an asset.
    In a week The Knicks have gone from being painful to watch to engaging.

9. YankeeFan

That's the thing, stories like this are why I love sports.

I don't get why people want to dismiss them.

And, maybe he'll be a flash in the pan, but if the story ended today, it's still a great story.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Loisaida represent.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The only way the story ends is if Carmelo Anthony comes back and gums up the works.

12. YankeeFan

38 points at home against the Lakers to cap a four game winning streak is already a better ending than Moneyball.

Draft saved Draft deleted