1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Linball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

At least Lin can see his.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Stein tweeted that Knicks were leaning toward releasing Lin before last Saturday and were looking at guys to replace him. Leading candidate to take his spot: Mike James.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Semi-serious question (although I know the answer most likely):

If Lin was on a team like the Jazz, Pacers or Rockets...does he get this type of hype?

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

From the deepest pits of the bench to 28, 23 and 38 points in his first three starts, the last coming against Kobe? Being in NY intensifies the hype, but this confluence of factors would make him a story even in Charlotte or Sacramento.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

From Elias — Jeremy Lin has 89 points through his first 3 starts, most points by ANY NBA PLAYER in his first 3 starts since the merger (1976-77)

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ..... when they're one of the top eight teams in the East, and on the verge of getting out of the second round for the first time since 2000, wake me up.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I trust you're joking. Anyone with the even most rudimentary news judgement sees this as a tremendous story.

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

He is fun to watch (and it's always fun to see the Lakers lose), but his offense is far better than his defense. For most of the first half he seemed to be ambling around aimlessly when the Knicks were in their half-court D. He did take a charge late and got a couple of steals which was nice. On the offensive end he made a couple of bad turnovers - throwing a pass well over a teammates head on a fast break and forcing a pass into the post to a teammate who was double teamed.
    I see him as kind of a less exciting Jason Williams, fun to watch, makes some good plays, but also makes some bad ones. . . .and gets tons of hype in the process.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not so much the next Tebow as the next Darvish (which I will predict will happen).

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No. Sick of it already.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Watching Lin made me think of a football scout term: He "plays fast." He's always going full speed. It's like he sees two passes or dribble-steps ahead of everybody else. Fun to watch. And the story that he's sleeping on his brother's couch is also a great thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted