1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh urges supporters to vote for Hillary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jboy

jboy Guest

More sweeping generalizations, huh? Every single one of us is angry, frustrated, etc.?

First of all, sez you. Second, don't presume to speak for everyone.

Poor, victimized Hondo. We're sorry.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rush Limbaugh is mean and nasty and purposely divisive. Why shouldn't liberals wish him a bad case of food poisoning or something equally nasty?

Michael Moore may not be everyone's cup of tea -- lots of liberals loathe him -- but at least he tries to point out some issues that he thinks are important and does it with at least some false modesty.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

There are many reasons that I don't have an ounce of respect for Limbaugh, Coulter, et al.

Despite what the board's oppressed victim squad wants to believe, the fact that they are conservative is not highest on the list.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry, but not a single part of your answer accomplished what you were hoping to, and I say that not because I disagree with your politics, but because you're allowing exceptions that he wasn't.

Don't know what experience you may have with regards to prescription drugs, but if you're abusing them beyond the prescribed amount, you have an issue. It's not solely about whether or not the drugs were illegal or legal, but whether or not you have an issue with that drug.

And Rush had a drug. Plain and simple. Call it a mistake if you want, but Rush hasn't been real clear to distinguish between prescription med abuse and the use of other drugs like crack, etc.

And abuse is still abuse. Use is still use. Trying to justify or soften because of the drug of choice is making excuses.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And sorry I won't give Rush much credit for having the honor to not stick up a liquor store to get his next fix since he is a millionaire and could send his maid out to get his drugs.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

We're so sorry, Uncle Hondo.
    We're so sorry if we've caused you any pain.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Gee ... that's really enlightened liberal thinking. Hope for illness or even worse on someone just because you don't agree with his politics. Take that line of thinking a few more steps and you've got Nazi Germany.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nazis, hondo? Couldn't we go with Communist China?

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Hondo doesn't wear clothes made in Nazi-land. So he'll bash them first...

10. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

So, abusing drugs is fine...if they are legal drugs? Got it. Hypocrisy.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And after the Nazis, how about Argentinian death squads?

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Hondo -- Seriously, you don't see the hypocrisy of Rush's "Do as I say, not as I do?" re: the drug abuse issue? The man railed against drug abusers -- not "guys who stick up liquor stores to buy drugs, or crack addicts in particular -- all drug abusers, meanwhile he was himself a drug abuser. There are no distinctions to be drawn here. But even if we do use your distinction (he started with a legal prescription), the point is moot. At some point, he broke the law to feed his demon, no different than others who break the law to feed their demons. It's as clear-cut as anything can be. I think that is why we "lefties" stare incredulously at your posts sometimes. It's that we can't fathom you really believe this stuff, not that we're angry with you or wish you'd drive off a cliff.

Draft saved Draft deleted