1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh urges supporters to vote for Hillary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Hi Palli -

You're right. I expressed myself poorly. Please substitute "underdog" for "victim." That's the sense I was going for.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Those scrappy plutocrats! Always beating the odds to take the pennant! Every time I see the ruling elite pummel their less-affluent opponents, it's like watching a dream baseball season where the '27 St. Louis Browns beat the '27 Yankees on the last day of the season in New York to win the A.L. flag. O lovable underdogs!

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Limbaugh is obviously a phony and I can never understand why more people can't see that.
    When people call him and say he inspires them, I wonder what, exactly, is so inspirational about him. He's hardly a rags-to-riches story (More like riches-to-more-riches). He grew in a weathly, politically connected family and got his first radio gig because of said connections. While it took a fair amount of work and talent to get where he is, it's not like he started with nothing.
    And please, don't get me started on how he avoided the draft.
    What, exactly, is inspiring about him? Is the American public really that stupid that they can't see what a fraud he is?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

They're obviously not as smart as you, taters.

[​IMG]

5. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

How is none of this grounds to be considered a phony?

I would also say all the "draft dodger" rhetoric he threw at Bill Clinton in 1992 would make Rush a phony. Bill went to Oxford...Rush stayed home because of a cyst on his ass. Please.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Quit whining. Hell, I don't even listen to Limbaugh. But I have enjoyed his show in the past. Although it's not nearly as enjoyable as watching people get all up in arms about him. Carry on, please.

7. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

That's mature.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Liberals love making sweeping generalizations like yours. To make the state that "Limbaugh has proven himself to be the hypocrite of the highest order," is a great example. First of all, sez you. Second, don't presume to speak for everyone.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

More pompous shit from you people. Boil your statement down to this: "Why are you people so stupid as to not agree with me?"

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Think about this statement the next time you're compelled to type.

I didn't think that anyone this dumb existed.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

OK, then tell me what is so inspirational about Rush?

12. Nothing. I don't listen to the guy. But he's an entertainer, and he apparently is pretty darned good at his job.

Why does that bother liberals so?

Draft saved Draft deleted