1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh: Press dumping on Grossman because he's white

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 7, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm not defending Rush, I'm saying that using Michael Irvin in any context to make a point about Rush's racial insensitivity is absurd to the nth degree. The last time I heard Irvin on the radio, he said flat out that the only reason anyone ever talks about Chris Hovan being a decent player (which Dan Patrick had just done) is because he's white and that being white is the only reason he is still employed in the NFL.

Of course, no one in the media (or any of the brilliant lapdogs here at SportsJournalists.com) called him on that.

Now I'm off to change some water into wine, feed the masses with some fish that previously didn't exist, yada,yad, yada.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Pallister, for once I'll back you up here. Irvin's comments clearly put him into the realm of people you shouldn't hold up as a social example to others.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And I believe there was a thread ripping Irvin when he said Romo's great-great-great-great-grandmother must have pulled a slave into the barn for him to be as athletic as he is.

And I believe we've had several threads ripping Irvin for Bojangling (Hi Whitlock!).

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

One egomaniac talking about another: Colin Cowherd just talked about Limbaugh's comments. He, of course, dismissed them and did so without even the hint of suggesting that Rush was joking.

Draft saved Draft deleted