1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh letter brings $2.1 mil; twice that goes to soldiers' fund

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 20, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Of course culture influences politics.

But we were talking about Mr. Limbaugh's direct effect on them.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Cynicism is not criticism. Of course, neither "side" is perfect. But policies have an affect on people's lives, and rhetoric influences policies.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

BBJ, if you can type, you're as well-equipped for these discussions as most of us here.

And here's a thing to ponder as Ol' Tony reloads:

The middle of the political Bell Curve in this country has moved so far to the right in the last 25 years that there's no Left left to talk about.

Discuss.

4. BBJones

BBJones Guest

I have been dictating to my secretary. HSe's off fro teh dya.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The sainted donor of yours beat out dozens if not hundreds of bidders. You mean to tell me none of those bidders were GOP fat cats and instead they all simply just wanted to support the troops? And if so, why don't she and all the other bidders simply donate w/o doing so in such a public manner?

Nice try tho, Hondo.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

But in liberal world, GOP fat cats don't do anything good with their money, so how you account for so many bidders for a charitable cause?

7. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Why? Because he's a pill addict?

Hell, half of America is.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, I remember during the 1992 election he was right at the front of the line of people calling Bill Clinton a draft dodger yet he himself found a way to get out of the war.
    I remember saying this to a conservative friend once and his response was "But Clinton protested."
    Either you served or you didn't. There's no difference between somebody who goes to England and protests the war and somebody who says "Love to go, but sorry, cyst on my ass."
    I understood veterans who resented Clinton, but what I don't understand is why so many of them worship at the feet of another guy who finagled his way out of serving.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Add George W. and Cheney to that list, too. And for it's worth, Giuliani, Romney and Fred Thompson.

Draft saved Draft deleted