1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh letter brings $2.1 mil; twice that goes to soldiers' fund

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Oct 20, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

He sold the letter Reid sent to Clear Channel on eBay for $2.1 million and is matching it with a donation of his own to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation, which provides scholarships to children of Marines or federal law enforcement personnel who were killed while serving their country.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21386016/

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Are you that bored on a Friday night, tony?

3. old_tony

Nah, I just got home after going out to dinner and some drinks with an old college roommate. Then we ran into two guys who lived in the room next to me in the dorm 26 years ago.

A little bit of reminiscing going on. They had an Atari 2600 in their room back then. We used to wear blisters into the palm of our hand pushing that joystick while playing the incredibly primitive hockey game.

4. Wow, the opportunities to have fun with quote function are endless ...

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So after a great night reminiscing with friends, you decided to start an incendiary thread whose sole purpose is to start a flame war? OK.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Stick to the fucking topics. Fuck.

7. old_tony

Why would Limbaugh doing good to the tune of $4.2 million for the soldiers be incendiary? I would think everyone should be on board. You don't think he should have raised $4.2 million for families of deceased soldiers? You think it's a bad thing?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It was more this line: "Let's see a dem show that kind of support for our troops."

It's a loaded line because no answer will seem satisfactory to you. I can see that coming from a mile away.

As far as the donation: It's great that Rush raised $4.2 million for the troops; I'm sure each troop will enjoy the 14 extra cents they get to fight the war. And I'm quite certain Rush will enjoy the tax break.

9. old_tony

Yeah, you're right about that. But Harry Reid was trying to speak on the floor of the Senate as though he was part of this eBay thing and he and Rush were practically partners in it, and he wasn't in the least.

If it's alright with you, I will go back and remove the offending line.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I expect the same responses about the inent of political threads when Fenian starts them.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sir, yes, sir!

12. I believe that's the women of SportsJournalists.com thread ...

Draft saved Draft deleted