1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh Boycott?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When you people who don't listen to Limbaugh anyway finish with your "boycott" - let me know.

I am going to organize a boycott of the new Rob Schneider show. I don't watch it myself but I find the very idea of the show an offense to any thinking person.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm with you all the way on the Rob Schneider thing. The times I've stumbled into seeing him, I think about his execution, and find myself in favor of it.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Limbaugh will say anything for a ratings spike, and his followers and the general curious, like rubberneckers at a car crash, will tune in. What will he say next? Who cares. Limbaugh and his devotees are a reason why we can't have serious debate in this country.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The boycott is of his advertisers.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I thought the idea was that advertisers were going to boycott, no?

That's what did Glenn Beck in so it's not unheard of. Beck's problems were his demographics.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's only one issue, so it's hard to ignore it. Obama has stressed that the auto industry is back, which it is. He's been more circumspect on the rest of the economy.
    As far as can be foreseen, the U.S. economy is on its continued slow (but maybe a little faster) growth track for 2012. Paradoxically, the events most likely to disrupt that path, the European financial crisis and possible war in the Middle East, give Obama opportunities to take actions and look like a strong leader. But I am of the opinion, which sure as hell can be wrong, that neither of those situations will go into catastrophe mode. This year.
    PS: Chris, all Americans of whatever political ideology hate Rob Schneider. He brings us together.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yeah but Beck worked for NBC. Who's going to fire Rush?

8. Boom - why bother? People who have no idea like to hear the sound of their own voices.

10. After having a good cry over it.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Rush goes on as long as he feels like it...as long as radio stations keep picking him up, and advertisers keeps signing up. A boycott would sure affect the latter half of the equation, and perhaps the former, if radio stations can't sell their local spots.

Nevertheless...probably just a tempest in a teapot.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mega dittos Dooley.

XM radio would pay him millions if all failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.