1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lil' Romeo to play basketball for USC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Again, he played really well with his AAU team. And no my friend, the ABCD camp does mean something. Just ask LeBron, Melo, and Kobe.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Like they ever did anything.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The kid's worth eight figures probably. And his dad is worth even more. Why on earth would he take a scholarship?

4. Chuck~Taylor

Do you know how much a college education costs these days? :D

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

From what I've heard, the kid was a legit DI prospect... Let's also not forget that he's not on scholarship at USC either...

6. Chuck~Taylor

buh...buh...buh I'm never wrong [slappy]

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I was actually lucky enough to see Pops play in 98 when the Hornets played a preseason game in Atlanta right after the NBA lockout. Ol' Percy didn't even get in until garbage time with about 2-3 minutes to go and actually attracted a foul -- only to miss both free throws. Me, my dad and uncle sat a few rows up and seats over from a few of the No Limit Soldiers at Georgia Tech's coliseum.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That'll be nice for his teammates to have a buddy worth millions...they'll probably get paid more than they already do at USC...

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Walk-on athletes cannot practice with the team during certain parts of the year that scholarship athletes can.
    Learned all about that when Josh Kroenke was at Mizzou. Kid's family owned parts of three or four big-time pro teams and a little company some of you might have heard of called Wal-Mart.
    He drove a tricked-out SUV (granted, apt wasn't that nice) and people always wondered about why he was taking on of MU's scholarships when he wasn't one of the top 3 players.

10. Tiger16

Tiger16 Member

Not sure why I remember this, but he definitely has a song that goes...

"I'm the R-O-M-E-O...and after high school, I'm goin' straight to the pros."

Damn David Stern for crushing his dream

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Funny, I don't recall my saying Mizzou was wrong... 18 years old, going to a Big Ten school and still can;t comprehend reading skills...

12. Chuck~Taylor

I was referring to your "buh..buh...buh...he's a rapper" post. I'm not saying this kid is talented because he's a rapper. He actually has some game.

I remember that song :D. Ahhh, 7th grade.....those were the good ol' days :D

Draft saved Draft deleted