1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lil' Jeffy Wilpon to Mets fans: You and your memories mean nothing to me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 25, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

More Shea seats have been sold than Yanke Stadium seats.

The "auction" of Yankee Stadium memoribilia last weekend was an absolute bust.
    If these greedy fucks (Wilpons and Steinbrenners) would just tear down the old places and STFU, everybody would be happy to go to the new stadiums next year, despite the insane prices the greedy fucks are charging.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

From BYH's lame story:

I would have bought a pair for spnited for his 600th birthday next year, but I'm broke.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thanks for the thought, love, but anyone who spends $869 for two seats from any stadium is a moran.

Of course, Chipper Jones bought 4 from Shea ...making him a double moran.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not nostalgic for the place, dickhead. But MILLIONS of Mets fans are. And lil' Jeffy is shitting all over them. "I can't wait to raze the place where you saw your first game...the place where you threw up from eating too much ice cream...the place where you got your first hand job under a blanket from the weird girl with the braces from English class during the senior trip...the place where you puked from drinking too much...the place where you saw a grown man masturbate in the bullpen for the first time...the place where you had your first date with your wife...the place where you took your son to his first game...the place where you saw a grown man fall to his death as he tried to surf the escalator..."

Etc etc etc. It's one thing to WANT to tell the fans fuck off, you can't afford our new place and I can't wait to knock down the only place you'd be able to afford a game...quite another to fuckin vocalize them. At least lather up the bullshit, like the Yankees.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait...you think there are millions of Mets fans?

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Lest we forget that Chipper named his kid Shea. I don't know what that makes him, but I don't think it's too good.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hey, if he continues to hit something like .330 at the new place, he can name his kids whatever he feels like. :D

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Chipper can buy those seats the way you and I can buy a pack of gum

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Citi Field Jones doesn't really roll off the tongue though.

so he better not knock up any more Hooters chicks. :D :D :D *ducking*

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

David Cone rules.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wilpon added: ā€œIā€™d love to drive a Bobcat, blasting through this place.ā€

And I don't like that at all. Show a little compassion, at least for your fans' sake.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

thank you Mikey. That's exactly what I was getting at. His unabashed fuckin joy.

Draft saved Draft deleted